Movie Night Meatballs
Friday night in our household is a special tradition. It’s family movie night. This is the one day of the week we’re allowed to eat in the living room. In front of the TV! So it’s not too messy, we make easy finger foods. Mom cuts up a baguette and our favorite veggies and fruit, and we all dig into these delicious meatballs.
- 1 container of ground beef or ground turkey (about 1 pound or half a kg)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheese (we use parmesan, but you can use any hard cheese you have, like cheddar, or gouda)
- 3 tablespoons (or 3 big squirts) of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- sprinkle in a little garlic powder
- sprinkle in a little salt (1/4 tsp)
- Oven preheated to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C
- A casserole dish
- 1 medium sized mixing bowl
- 1 fork
- 1 mixing spoon
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Carefully break the egg into the mixing bowl and mix well with the fork.
- Add in all the other ingredients except the meat, and mix. This is your flavor mixture.
- Add the meat to the mixture and stir with a big spoon or mash with a fork to make sure the flavor is evenly spread out among the meat.
- Using a big spoon, form a ball the size of a golf ball and make sure it is tight. Put it in your casserole dish until all the meat mixture is used up.
- Cook the meatballs in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, using the tongs, and with your parents’ help, turn the meatballs over. Cook for another 5- 7 minutes until they are browned all over.
- Remove immediately from the dish and serve. You can dip meatballs into ketchup, ranch dressing, honey mustard, an barbecue sauce if you like.
You Might Also Like
We believe that introducing kids to new places and cultures is essential to being good a global neighbor. And we want to make travel easier and fun for families, however we can. If you like us, follow us on Facebook. And if you want to contribute a story, send us an email at ittybittyitineraries @ gmail.com.